VR EQUIPMENT RENTAL AGREEMENT
Revision date: 24. April 2019
Parties: These terms represent the agreement (“Agreement”) that governs the rental of VR training equipment from the Intracon GmbH identified below as “Intracon” by the HP Partner entity identified below as “Partner”.
Virtual Reality (VR) Training equipment: The VR training equipment is comprised by HP VR Z-Backpack PC with and extra HP battery pack, HP Mixed Reality headset, Bose Noise Canceling headset, USB Stick, Transport box with CNC-cutted foams, GPS Tracker.
Registration arrangement: Partner may book the VR equipment and register technicians for the VR training through Intracon website www.trainmewithvr.com. Partner can cancel the booking or registration at no charge up to 10 business days prior to the first day of rental.
Rental fee: The amount to be paid by the Partner is 250 Euro, shall be paid via PayPal and it’s due at the time of confirmation of the registration, no later than 5 days prior the first day of the rental. Intracon may suspend or cancel the Partner registration and shipment of the VR equipment if Partner fails to make the payment when due.
Rental time: The total rental time includes time for shipment in both directions and time required for custom clearance.
1. The PARTNER must keep and maintain the rented equipment, during the terms of the rental at his own cost and expense. He must keep the equipment in a good state, free of damage.
2. The PARTNER must fully indemnify Intracon for replacement and/or repair of any component of the equipment which is not returned because it is lost or stolen or any component of the equipment which is damaged and in need of repair.
4. The PARTNER agrees to pay all invoiced amounts incurred due to loss or damage of the equipment or component of the equipment within thirty (30) days of Intracon’s invoice date.
5. The PARTNER is not allowed to move the equipment from the shipping address provided during the booking process without prior written approval of HP.
6. The PARTNER shall not pledge or mortgage the rented equipment in any way.
7. The PARTNER shall allow a HP or Intracon representative to enter the PARTNER’s premises where the rented equipment is stored or used during standard working hours to locate and inspect the state and condition of the rented equipment.
8. In case the PARTNER violates any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, HP or Intracon representative may enter the PARTNER’s premises where the rented equipment is stored or used at and recover it.
9. The Partner shall pack the HP VR equipment into its original transport suitcase as described in the Learner Instructions documentation, which comes with the kit itself and prepare all components for return on the pick-up date confirmed by Intracon or otherwise agreed with Intracon upfront in written form.
10. The PARTNER must cover and pay all reasonable cost for returning the equipment (shipment cost, custom declaration e.g.).
11. The PARTNER must pay all reasonable attorney and other fees, the expenses and costs incurred by Intracon in protection of its rights under this rental agreement and for any action taken by Intracon to collect any amounts due to Intracon under this rental agreement
12. The PARTNER shall assure that the users of the VR equipment have successfully completed all required prerequisites before the start of usage of the VR equipment.
1. Intracon will organize the delivery, pick-up and return. Date for pick-up is defined during the booking process via email. If the equipment is not returned during or at the end of the term without prior written approval of the OWNER, the HP PARNTER will get a payment request of 1000 Euro per week as additional rental fee.
2. Intracon will maintain an up to date calendar of the availability of the VR training equipment
3. Intracon will confirm to the HP Partner on a timely manner the registration of his technicians at the VR training
4. Intracon will provide technical support to the HP Partner with 24 hrs response time on any queries related to the usage of the VR training equipment or the VR training content.
1. No discount will be made for any rented equipment or component of the equipment which is claimed not to have been used.
2. Intracon makes no warranty of any kind regarding the rented equipment, except that Intracon shall replace the equipment at no additional charge with identical or similar equipment if the equipment fails to operate in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications and operation instructions. Such replacement shall be made as soon as the PARTNER returns the non-conforming equipment.
Safety and health warnings
To reduce the risk of personal injury, discomfort, or property damage, read all following warnings before using the headset:
- Read and follow all provided setup and operating instructions.
- Review the hardware and software recommendations. The risk of discomfort might increase if all hardware and software recommendations are not followed.
- Your headset and software are not designed to be used with any unauthorized devices, accessories, or software. Use of an unauthorized device, accessory, or software might result in an injury to you or others, and might cause performance issues or damage to your system.
- To reduce the risk of discomfort, adjust the Windows® setting for interpupillary distance (IPD) for each user, as explained in the Learner Instructor guides, shipped within in the kit.
- The virtual reality experience requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance. Do not use the headset when you are experiencing any of the following: tiredness; the influence of alcohol or drugs; a hangover; digestive problems; emotional stress or anxiety; or a sickness such as a flu, cold, or earache. Otherwise, you might increase your susceptibility to adverse symptoms.
- HP recommends seeing a doctor before using the headset if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a serious medical condition such as a heart condition.
WARNING! Some people (about 1 in 4,000) might experience light flashes or patterns, severe dizziness, seizures, eye or muscle twitching, or blackouts. This might occur while they are watching television, playing video games, or experiencing virtual reality, even if they have never had a seizure or blackout before or have no history of seizures or epilepsy. Such seizures are more common in people under the age of 20. Anyone who experiences any of these symptoms should discontinue use of the headset and see a doctor. Anyone who previously has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should see a doctor before using the headset.
WARNING! This product is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. The headset is not sized for them, and improper sizing can lead to discomfort or health effects for younger children, who are in a critical stage of visual development. Adults must make sure that children age 18 or younger use the headset in accordance with these health and safety warnings. The adult should also limit the time children use the headset, and make sure that they take breaks. Prolonged use should be avoided, as it could impact hand-eye coordination, balance, and multitasking ability. Adults should monitor children during and after use for any decrease in these abilities.
WARNING! Use the headset only in a safe environment. The headset produces an immersive virtual reality experience that completely blocks your view of your actual surroundings. Always be aware of your surroundings before using the headset, and use caution to avoid injury while using the headset. Do not use the headset while driving or riding in a vehicle or while operating machinery. Use of the headset might cause a loss of balance. Remember that the objects you see in the virtual environment do not exist in the real world, so do not sit or stand on them or use them for support. Remain seated unless your content experience requires standing.
To reduce the risk of personal injury, reduce the volume before using headphones, earbuds, or a headset. Continued exposure to high-volume sound can cause hearing damage or loss. When adjusting the volume, keep in mind that the amount of competing noise in your surroundings and continued exposure to high-volume sound can make a safe volume level seem insufficient. In addition, high-volume sound adds to the sense of immersion in virtual reality and can impair your ability to be aware of your surroundings. For additional safety information, see the Product Notices provided on the optical disc, if one is included with your product.
WARNING! To avoid transferring contagious conditions, such as pink eye, do not share the headset with people who have contagious conditions, infections, or diseases, particularly of the eyes, skin, or scalp. After each use, clean the headset with nonalcoholic bacterial wipes and clean the lenses with a dry microfiber cloth.
WARNING! The headset is worn next to your skin and scalp. If you notice swelling, itchiness, skin irritation, or other skin reactions, stop using the headset. If symptoms persist, see a doctor.
WARNING! To reduce the risk of personal injury, do not use the headset for long periods of time without taking breaks. A 10- to 15-minute break every 30 minutes is recommended.
You may NOT...
... remove this license from the software
... remove any other files from the software
... repackage the software in a different installer.
... modify, decompile, or disassemble the software.
... use this product for illegal use.
... sell this product without prior written permission with the purpose of gaining profit.
You use the hard- and software at your own risk. Intracon takes no responsibility for any damage of any kind.