What are Virtual Reality (VR) Service Trainings?
Virtual Reality Service Trainings are targeted to provide remote HP channel partners with the equivalent of a full in-class training experience, without the assistance of an in-person trainer or device. Using Virtual Reality, students enter an immersive classroom environment, using an HP Z VR backpack, where they come face-to-face with the device. Users will then be able to select service tasks via a 3D text menu interface. These tasks will be leveraged from the HP service manual and will walk the user through different core printer processes, including disassembly and assembly, while familiarizing themselves with the hardware along the way.
Are VR Service Trainings a substitute to traditional Class-room Trainings?
No! But in case where devices are not available or students can not attend a real-life class room training, VR Service Trainings are a great way to learn how to perform required services tasks using your virtual screw drivers.
What is the HP Z VR Backpack?
The HP Z VR Backpack is a versatile professional VR Ready wearable PC solution from HP. It includes the VR PC unit, a wearable ergonomic harness, a battery system located on the harness, and a docking station for desktop use.
What modes does the HP Z VR Backpack work in?
The HP Z VR Backpack can be used in two ways:
- As a wearable backpack to facilitate truly immersive VR experiences without being limited by a cable to a deskside PC.
- As a powerful desktop workstation simply by removing the PC from the harness and docking it into the included desktop docking station solution.
What does untethered mean?
In VR applications, like the new HP VR Environment for Service Training, untethered refers to VR solutions that do not use a physical cable for the VR headset to the deskside or desktop computer system. The HP Z VR Backpack is an example of an untethered system.
What are the components of an HP Z VR Backpack solution?
The following components are included in the HP Z VR Backpack:
- Harness Ergonomic, comfortable but tough polyester design. It includes padded shoulder and waist straps for comfort. A PC mounting plate is included that provides generous air space between the user’s back and the PC to eliminate any heat transfer from the PC to the user. For convenient management of the VR HMD, a HMD retainer clip is provided on the shoulder strap to allow parking of the HMD so that the harness can be put on or taken off without having the HMD dangling from its cables.
- Battery Pack High performance dual 74 Whr batteries.
- Battery Charger Battery charging cradle that can charge two 74 Whr batteries simultaneously.
- Dock Transform the HP Z VR PC Backpack to a VR PC desktop with the use of the HP Z VR Dock.
- AC Adapter(s) A 330W Smart AC adapter for the Dock and PC.
- VR PC Powerful compact form factor PC that includes all the needed IO ports to connect most popular VR HMD’s on the market.
What are the key features in harness mode for the HP Z VR Backpack?
The first and foremost feature of the HP Z VR Backpack in harness mode is the experience of being able to be completely free to move in your VR world. In fact, the entire solution weighs only 4.6 kg. In addition, performance is in no way compromised while being on battery power. The two 74 Whr external batteries are hot swappable, enabling the user to continue with the VR experience without needing to shut down the application or power off the PC.
What size adjustments are available for the HP Z VR Backpack Harness?
The harness design includes quick adjust chest and waist straps and comfortably accommodates nearly all adult body shapes and sizes.
What ergonomics have been built into the HP Z VR Backpack Harness?
The harness design includes quick adjust chest and waist straps and comfortably accommodates nearly all adult body shapes and sizes. The harness includes a VR HMD securing latch allowing the user to park the HMD on the harness shoulder strap. This allows greater ease of putting on the harness and taking off the harness without having to manage where the HMD is. Additionally, the harness incorporates two battery holsters on the waist strap to help distribute the total backpack solution weight for an even more comfortable experience.
How does the HP Z VR Backpack attach to the HP Z VR Backpack Harness?
The HP Z VR Backpack Harness comes with the PC mounting plate where the HP Z VR Backpack PC can be attached; the mounting plate has built-in PC guide rails and a secure latch to keep the PC in place. PC removal is easy by depressing the PC latch on the mounting plate and then sliding the PC off the guide rails.
How are the HP Z VR Backpack Batteries charged?
The HP Z VR Backpack solution includes a dual battery charger. The HP Z VR Backpack PC internal battery is charged by one of two options:
• Place the PC into the HP Z VR Dock which is powered by the provided 330W AC adapter
• Plug the 330W AC adapter directly into the HP Z VR Backpack PC
How long does the charge last?
Running under heavy load, the dual 74 Whr external batteries provide approximately 1 hour of run time before requiring a hot swap exchange.
What is special about the HP Z VR Backpack Batteries?
The HP Z VR Backpack Batteries are hot swappable enabling the user to continue with the VR experience without needing to shut down the application or power off the PC. High current discharge technology allows the HP Z VR Backpack PC to operate at full performance without any CPU or GPU throttling.